Image Map

Sunday 8 February 2015

Five for Frunday


I am a little bit late linking up this week because you know what, the laundry pile was massive, that is the sole reason I have not been able to do a blog post, seriously.





In my Currently post I mentioned that I was hoping to get a job for the new school year in Australia and I guess there must have been so many of you crossing fingers, sending wishes and prayers because on Monday night I got a call from principal asking me if I would be interested in a teaching position.  Of course I said I would have to think about it :)  which I did for a nano second and then said YES!  I will be job sharing with a teacher in a Grade 3 classroom for 3 days.  I am sooo excited because I have some of my sweeties from last year!  We started school on a Wednesday which was my day and because it was a late appointment for the class the parents and students didn't know they were getting me.  The look on their faces when they walked in the door was priceless! (in a good way) I got a lot of hugs and squeezes, I even got a kiss on the cheek from a parent!  It was the best way to start the school year and I am completely in love with my class.


This is the view from my new classroom.  Nice huh!


My own kids started school as well.  They are getting so big!  






I don't have any classroom photos yet because we haven't had time to set anything up!  So I am going to share one of our art works we completed this week.  Who doesn't love doing art in the first week of school. 



 I plan on doing a blog post in the next couple of days to show the steps we did to create these masterpieces!  I love how they all turned out



It is a long weekend here for Regatta Day on Monday which is a boat race, hence the above art work :)  We are heading in to the wharf area to check out the Wooden Boat Festival so I don't have any pics as yet.


I ordered a new teacher planner this week and am waiting on its arrival but in the meantime I have been using a template I created.  It is simple and works for me.


Hope you all have a great week!


5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the job Tania! I love the water view you have from your classroom. :)

    Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally jealous of your classroom view! How relaxing! Good luck on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your view! The art looks beautiful too, it sounds like you are off to a great start. Congrats on the job. Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula! I do enjoy the view from the classroom and we are very lucky to be near the water, lots of great learning opportunities :)

      Tania

      Delete
  4. That view is amazing! I am coming for a visit! :) So happy for you, any school would be lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete