Image Map

Sunday 1 February 2015

Currently February

I am linking up with Farley for this months Currently!



The weather here has been AWFUL!!!  Yes it does require caps, it is supposed to be Summer but we have had extremely low temps here with loads of wind and rain so we have been inside for almost the last week.  Hence I have been watching loads of T.V, we just finished watching Twelve Monkeys, I liked it :)

I am loving that I am still on holidays and would extra love it if I could spend a couple of days at the beach but alas it does not look like that will happen.

It is just on dinner time here and the natives are getting restless so as soon as I have finished this I will be feeding the starving hoardes (see my priorities!)  Tonights fare is beef and red wine stew with broccoli and mashed potato, yum!

I think my previous comments explains where my Summer is......missing

We are at the start of a school year in Australia and I am in the wait to find out if I have a job for this year mode.  The Department is dragging it's feet on approving contracts so my fingers are crossed that I will find out this week if I have a teaching position, otherwise back to relief teaching for me!  

My Pageant name would definitely have to have something about my height (or lack therof) in it.  At 4 foot 11 in (5 ft in shoes) I have often been told that I am a pocket rocket, I think the rocket part of it has more to do with my incessant talking but I am going to say it is because I am full of energy :)  

Head over to link up or check out some other great blogs!

8 comments:

  1. It's so interesting hearing that your school year is just staring while we are more than halfway through the year :-) Sorry to hear the summer isn't summery right now! Good luck on the job! I'm thinking relief teaching is like substituting here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the good luck wishes! Yes relief teaching is the same as subbing in the States, not my favourite thing to do :(

      Delete
  2. Hehe! That's a great pageant title for you! Good luck this week, I hope something comes up for you - and soon!

    Now, how do I go about getting some of that beef stew you are making?

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Tania! Always cool to find a blogger from another country/continent. I remember the feeling of summer being over, I can't imagine not having time to enjoy the warm temps and sunshine. A total bummer.
    Good luck on getting a contract, I'm crossing my fingers for you too.
    2 Smart Wenches

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this post made me laugh so much- well except for the part about waiting for a job. I hope you hear the good news soon. Then I had to stalk you a little to find out you live in TASMANIA! Do you know how awesome that is! I mean, I live in Alabama. Very ordinary. I am only about 2 inches taller than you, by the way! Have a great rest of the summer!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great that teachers from all of the world can share their classrooms now, very different to when I first started teaching! Yes I live right down the bottom of Australia and we are used to getting cooler weather but not in Summer!
      PS.Go the shorties :)

      Delete
  5. I love your pageant name- HA. I hope you get the teaching job of your dreams this year. So different that you are starting the school year now. In Michigan we are half way through the year and I'm enjoying a snow day today. See you around. Kathleen Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete