I am linking up with Doodlebugs for Five for Friday and what a busy, busy week it has been for me!
1. We spent the long weekend up at our property in the north of Tasmania. No mobile phone service, no internet. We played board games and had a cosy fire. I did take my laptop to work on reports though.......it lasted about an hour before I packed it in, good intentions though :)
It was pretty frosty up there, Winter certainly kicked in!
I love this photo of a frosty spider web, there were heaps all over the fence, it looked really cool!
This is my son holding up some of the ice that had formed around the edge of our dam, it was pretty cold. There is also a platypus that lives in the dam, we saw him for the first time on this trip, it was AMAZING! For those of you who don't know what a platypus is....
it is native to Australia and a very shy creature, we have had the property for 5 years and this was our first sighting.......didn't have my camera with my though :(
This is what we were doing up there, clearing a noxious weed called gorse. It has taken over the property and needs to be cleared and burnt. It is a big job and will probably take us around 2 years to completely eradicate it.
2. We made seasons of the year paper chains. The kiddos had to choose a colour that represented a season and write the month of the seasons on three pieces of paper. On one link they drew the weather for that season, on the second link they wrote a special event ( we had access to calendars) and on the last link they drew an activity they liked to do in that season. I won't lie to you it took us a couple of sessions to get it done, but I loved how they turned out!
3. I made these little beauties for our pinboard! I put velcro on the back of the pegs so they will stick to the carpety board. Cannot wait to have some kiddos works to put up. I am in love with them!
4. We started a whole class mural, but will have to finish next week. It is a map of a wildlife park they went to for an excursion this week. They will be drawing the animals and then will stick them on the map where they were in the park.
5. I printed and laminated this really great pack Link it up that I won from Lauren at Love, Laughter and Preps. I used this with my support group who are still having some trouble identifying numbers and number order. We will also be using them to show the different ways you can make numbers. Click on the pic to check it out at Lauren's store
Well that is it from me today! Head over to Doodlebugs and link up too!