Image Map

Monday 29 July 2013

Maths game linky

I do love a linky and today I am linking up with iSURF for a maths game link up.


One of the games I love to play with my students to help increase maths fluency with friends of 10 is called True or False

 All you need to do is to choose 1 point in your room to be True and one point to be False.  I put up a sign on opposite walls.  Then depending on what maths concept you are focussing on, for example with preps or Kindergarten I focus on  practising friends of 10 so you say "7 + 4 = 10". The students choose True or False and the students that did not get it correct sit out and you keep playing until there are 1 or 2 students left. If you want to still involve those sitting out they can encourage those students who are still in the game.  I like to make this a fast game with lots of movement and I sometimes like to do this instead of a written form of mental computation.  The great thing about this game is that you can play it with any concept!

The other great thing about this game is that you can play this with ANY year level, very handy for a relief/sub teacher.   

Just for dropping by you can get your own FREE copy of a TRUE and FALSE poster so you can play this game tomorrow, yay!  Just click here.

Just click on the pic above to link up one of your favourite games to play in the classroom with your kiddos.


No comments:

Post a Comment