Image Map

Friday 3 May 2013

Currently.....May

I am linking up with Farley for Currently in May.....already May.



My poor doggies are cuddling up outside waiting for their dinner, the temperature has dropped here so it is time to get their winter blankets out.  They are not liking the cooler weather!

I have just started watching Season 3 of Game of Thrones. I watched the first 2 series back to back, then went and read all the books so I didn't have to wait for the next season to find out what happened.

Some of you may be wondering why I would think to start horse riding at the age of 40...well I could rabbit on about how we are life long learners and I have always wanted to ride horses and isn't it great that I am trying something new......but that is not the reason.  My daughter wants a horse when we move to our property in Tasmania, it is 400 acres and for safety reasons she will need someone with her if she rides further afield on our property, so lucky me I was nominated Safety Supervisor.  I must say it has been quite the experience and I have a wonderful, nurturing teacher, this was his advice to me when I was learning to trot....I quote...."You're arse  buttocks aren't supposed to make that noise when it hits the saddle"...now say it in a broad Aussie accent.....get the picture.  In all seriousness he is a very good teacher and trainer and is always ready with a good laugh...usually at my expense.   

A new pair of grey boots is on my list for Winter, also a red pair.  I just saw these fabulous pair of gum boots/galoshes with a wedge heel, get out of town!  

Ok this will show how lazy I am at home at the moment, we have been home from our holiday for about 5 days and my suitcase is still not unpacked.  The kids and the hubby's have both been unpacked (by me) but I just haven't gotten to mine yet, oh well I'm working on a drip feed system, I will take out what I need when I need it.

I haven't got a Summer bucket list as it is Autumn going into Winter here so it just depresses me to think how far away our Summer is....enjoy it all you Northern Hemisphere friends!



3 comments:

  1. Haha! I had to laugh about your comments about riding a horse! I rode one for the first time last year and it was an adventure!

    Have a great weekend Tania, I hope you get to unpack your bag!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too had a laugh about your riding a horse. :)

    Have a lovely weekend. :)

    The Paper Maid

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done that too... come home from a vacation and not unpacked. I think unpacking makes me realize it is really over.

    Good luck riding that horse!!

    Christy
    Crayons and Whimsy
    Instagram @crayonsandwhimsy

    ReplyDelete