Image Map

Monday 26 November 2012

Sale and Award!




First up, unless you have been living under a rock, in a submarine or deep in the rainforest you will know that the HUGE Cyber Monday and Tuesday Sale is on RIGHT NOW.  You can get 20% all products in my store and then use the code CMT12 to get a further 10% off at the checkout.  Just click on the graphic above.....time to empty that cart.


Well lucky me! I actually received 2 emails this week nominating me for the Leibster award.  Thank you Janet and Mr Jayne. I actually was awarded this some time ago but the rules have changed this time around so here goes.

Here are the rules:
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. You must answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. You must create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. You must choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them in your post.
5. You cannot “tag back” the other blog, but leave a comment on this post with the URL of your Liebster post so I can learn more about you & see who you nominate.

11 Random Things About Me
  • I grow my own veges
  • I have lived in 5 of the 7 states in Australia and I have travelled around our country twice
  • I have eaten crocodile....tastes like chicken!
  • I own a conservation property that has an echidna colony, wombats, wallabies, Tasmanian devils, peregrine falcon (pair) and tiger snakes to name a few of our native animals.  They live on 400 acres of pristine bush including a 700 metre hill called Castle Hill.  We plan on building a house on part of the block and setting up an outdoor education and survival training centre.
  • I like to eat lemons and can do it without making that face.
  • I found my Great Grandfathers World War 1 grave in a small village in France called Villiers Bretennoux
  • I am deathly scared of snakes
  • I can still do cartwheels
  • I never wear flat shoes, it gives me a back ache.....probably from years of wearing heels.
  • I don't like to swim in public pools
  • I love to karaoke!  

Janet's Questions to me

1. What is your dream job, besides teaching?
Ok, this sounds odd, but I would love to work in a shoe shop......I could really use the staff discount.

2. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
Invisibility

3. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas! I love putting up the tree, co-ordinating the decorations and wrapping paper.  I also love it because it is our Summer here in Australia and I enjoy the hot weather.

4. What ONE word describes you best?
Pocket-rocket!  I hyphenated so I am counting it as 1 word.  I am 4ft 11in and am always busy, so this is a nickname I get alot.

5. Did you take a vacation this year? If so, where did you go?
I went to see my husband when he had leave during his deployment in Afghanistan.  We flew into Rome and travelled for 2 weeks, then flew out of Paris, he went back to Afghanistan and I came back to Australia.  We had a fabulous time and I didn't take the children (although they missed him very much.....I needed a break!) The next time I saw him was 4 months later.

6. Do you have a special talent?
Tap dancing, I think it has something to do with the shoes.

7. Where is your favorite place to shop?
Melbourne, Australia.  Great variety of shops there and lots of retail outlets mixed in with boutiques and markets.

8. Do you collect anything?
Shoes!  42 pairs last count

9. What is the last movie you saw?
Machine Gun Preacher- loved it

10. What is the worst place you've ever been to?
Port Hedland, Western Australia.  Very dusty, sandy, hot!

11. Have you ever met anyone famous?

Hmmm....does Mickey Mouse count?  

Blogs I'm nominating.
Meg at Buzz around in 2nd
Charlotte at Charlotte's clips and Kindergarten Kids
Angela at Hoppin in First Grade
Marie at It's a Jungle out There
Tammy at Mrs Flickingers Butterfly Oasis
Mrs O at Mrs O Knows
Little Miss at My Life as Little Miss
Mrs Cypher at Sweeties in Second
Kelli at Tales from a Travelling Teacher
Kirra at Teacher Kirra:Maestra Kirra

Questions for blogs I'm nominating


  1. Do you have a pet?
  2. What is the scariest thing you have ever done?
  3. What is your favorite item of clothing you can't live without?
  4. Do you play a sport?
  5. How many stamps in your passport?
  6. Where is your dream destinations?
  7. Night owl or early bird?
  8. What is your favorite season?
  9. If you could invite any three people for dinner who would they be?
  10. If you were a cartoon character who would you be?
  11. Who was your favorite teacher when you were a student?

Don’t forget to leave me a link to your blog when you’ve answered!  I can’t wait to read more about you and I hope you enjoyed learning a little something about me.



4 comments:

  1. Hi Tania! Thank you for nominating me-I finally did it: http://talesfromatravelingteacher.blogspot.co.uk/
    hope everything is going well with you!

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the nomination! I just blogged about it :) Check it out http://skippersjungle.blogspot.com/2012/12/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the nomination! I am just letting you know that I plan on blogging about the nomination this weekend. I can't seem to find the time to sit for the time it is going to take to do my post. I really enjoyed reading about yourself and those questions from Janet were good ones. I am excited to answer your questions as well. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and I will let you know when I post this weekend. Have a good night.

    Mrs. Flickinger's Butterfly Oasis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the nomination! I am just now getting around to reading this but I plan to blog about it ASAP if it isn't too late!

    I am a military spouse as well. My husband has been in Afghanistan since May, with no leave in between. I am counting down the days until he comes home!

    Oh, and I CANNOT wear flats either! When I wear sneakers I fall all over the place :-)

    ReplyDelete